Stornowaybc.com – How to Use the Zoom App. Zoom is a video call, online meeting, and video conferencing application that is currently widely used by various groups in the world.
No exception for students and students, they also often use the Zoom application for the learning process. Usually lecturers or teachers prefer to use Zoom than other video calling applications such as Google Meet.
But for those who are installing it for the first time, they are still confused about how to use the Zoom application. Starting from school, work meetings, meetings, webinars, seminars, and so on.
For this reason, on this occasion we will share a complete tutorial on how to use the Zoom application. Including how to register, download, make room meetings, join video calls, record screens, and more.
How to Register a Zoom Account
Before discussing how to use a Zoom account, of course you have to register an account first. The list is not difficult, follow the steps to register a Zoom account below.
- First of all, you need to access the Zoom account registration page. Then, immediately create your Zoom account by clicking the “Sign Up” option.
- After registering, you can then go directly to the Zoom main page and click the “My Profile” option.
- Later, the Personal Meeting ID data will appear which you can directly use to invite participants to the video conference.
How to Use the Zoom App for School
Check out our full discussion on how to use the Zoom application, especially for school, work, and college. The following information has been compiled from various sources.
1. Using the Zoom App on a Laptop
The Zoom application on a PC, laptop, or computer can be accessed via a browser or desktop application. How to use Zoom is almost the same, just follow the tutorial below.
- First of all, please open the official Zoom website at https://zoom.us/.
- To hold a meeting, meeting, or webinar session on Zoom, please click the ‘host’ menu at the top right.
- Then if you have, continue to click ‘Sign In’ to enter.
- After that, you are required to have a Zoom account or you can also login using your Gmail account.
- You will then be directed to download and install the Zoom application on your laptop, just choose to download or just use the browser version.
- If you want to join a Zoom meeting from a link or a Meeting ID (meeting ID) and password, please open Zoom by clicking the ‘join’ menu.
- Fill in the Meeting ID and Password codes that work so you can enter the meeting.
- The Zoom call session will start immediately, just wait for the admin to approve.
2. Using the Zoom Application on Phones
The Zoom application is also available for Android and iPhone devices, of course, how to use it is also very easy and practical. Here’s how to use the Zoom application on a cellphone:
- Search and download the Zoom Cloud Meeting application on the Play Store (for Android phones) and the App Store (for IOS phones)
- Then install the Zoom application on your phone
- Just wait for the installation process until Zoom is installed and ready to use
- Log in using your Zoom account, or you can also log in with your Gmail account
- If you want to take part in a meeting session on Zoom, click the ‘join’ menu and please enter the Meeting ID and password provided. Or, you can also click directly on the invite link shared by the host.
- To create your own meeting, you can first select ‘start meeting’
- If so, please go to settings and then find your personal meeting ID and meeting password.
- Share the link or meeting ID and password obtained from the Zoom with participants who will take part in the virtual meeting.
- To schedule a meeting on a certain day and time, both once and periodically, please select ‘schedule’
- Upcoming feature (only for Android) is used to change your Zoom meeting schedule.
3. Set the Meeting Schedule
You can also set up a meeting schedule using the Zoom app. This application does provide a meeting scheduling feature that is easy to use and can be accessed by all users, how to set up a Zoom Meeting schedule as follows.
- Open Zoom and sign in.
- Click the calendar icon.
- Select meeting settings, then you will be shown the “Schedule a Meeting” screen.
- Organize everything you need, from topics of conversation, dates, videos, audio to the calendar that will be used.
- After everything is set, just click the “Schedule” button.
4. Resetting the Meeting Schedule
After making a scheduled meeting, but it turns out the schedule is wrong, you have to change it right? Here’s how to rearrange a meeting schedule on Zoom.
- You must tick the “Recurring Meeting” column.
- The “Recurring Meeting” table will appear when you click “Profile”, then enter the “Meeting Settings” option.
- In this setting, you can get two options presented by Zoom.
- First, you can collect all calls in one meeting room, then you can manage them every time you want to have an online meeting.
- Second, you can set up callbacks in the same URL. So when you invite other people or participants, then you don’t need to create a new URL.
5. Meeting Zoom Without Video
With the Zoom application, you can also create meetings or meetings without showing video, only sound. How to use the Zoom feature without video is to just select the “start with no video” option on the Zoom application homepage.
If you have, you can choose a new meeting with the options:
- Audio conferencing: Zoom meetings without video or sharing content, only audio.
- Share screen: share content with audio on Zoom, without video.
- Invite others: You can invite others to join a Zoom meeting.
The final word
That’s a little discussion from us about how to use the zoom application on a cellphone. Hopefully the information that we have conveyed can be useful so that you can use the Zoom application well.