Stornowaybc.com – Facebook Lite App. Everyone already knows that FB Lite is a mini or light version of the regular Facebook app, which Android users can use for free.
The advantage of the FB Lite application compared to regular FB is that it is lighter in size. Making many people more interested in downloading the application and installing it on their own Android phone.
In addition, there are also many features provided by the Facebook Lite application. This application will allow us to access FB lightly, save data, and also not burden the smartphone.
Well here we will explain to you about some brief reviews of the Facebook Lite application on Android. Please see and see the full explanation in the review below.
Facebook Lite App on Android
Facebook Lite or commonly known as FB Lite APK is a lightweight version of the main Facebook application for the mobile platform. The FB Lite application itself was first released globally in 2015.
The Facebook Lite app is created and designed for countries with lower internet speeds. In addition, FB Lite is also intended for ordinary mobile phone users, phones with poor connections and limited internet quota.
The Facebook Lite app download itself is huge compared to the Facebook average. This FB Lite APK is only 1MB in size, you know, gang. Although small in size, Facebook Lite is certainly equipped with basic features.
The features available on the Facebook Lite application are also quite different from regular Facebook. However, of course there are some drawbacks that Facebook Lite has and we will discuss them in the next section.
Download Facebook Lite
You need to download the Facebook Lite app if you want to use it. As the parent company, Facebook is not Mark Zuckerberg’s only social media platform, WhatsApp and Instagram have their own user base.
With the largest user base and global reach, Facebook is working hard to meet the demands of social media, even if it is limited. If you have a smartphone with average specifications or limited internet quota.
So, it would be highly recommended to download the Facebook Lite app instead of the regular version. To download the Facebook Lite application, you can directly open the Google Play Store and find the application there.
How to Install Facebook Lite
After downloading, you need to install the Facebook Lite application so that it can be used on a cellphone. How to install Facebook Lite APK to Android and iOS is not difficult. If you are using Facebook Lite APK which is not from Google Play Store.
So, the method of installing the Facebook Lite app will be different. So that you are confused and see the method below, which is a tutorial on how to easily install the Facebook Lite application on your smartphone.
- Remove the previous version of Facebook Lite APK (if any).
- Go to HP Settings > Security and enable Unknown Sources.
- Download the Facebook Lite APK available on ApkVenue above.
- Click on the file and install it on the device (if prompted, click “Allow from this source”).
- Wait until the installation process is complete.
- If you have, then you can use the Facebook Lite APK.
Difference Between Facebook and FB Lite
There are a number of differences between regular FB and Lite. Because they target a user base with different needs, of course there are many differences between the regular FB Lite and the Facebook application, including:
1. App Size
First in terms of scale, it’s clear that regular Facebook is much bigger than FB Lite. For the current latest version, Facebook is around 54MB in size, while the Lite version is only 1.5MB.
You can already see the difference in terms of app size, right? Apparently because FB Lite is designed for users with limited device specifications, such as those with smaller storage capacities.
2. Content Access Speed
Now Facebook comes with various animations to make it look heavier, take longer to load, bro. Therefore, in the latest version of the FB Lite application, animations and content deemed unnecessary will be removed.
The goal is to increase the speed of content, even on the worst connected networks. So that makes Facebook Lite faster and lighter when loading content in GB.
3. Quota Consumption
Another difference with Facebook Lite is the matter of data consumption. Still related to the previous point, because the content contained in FB Lite is more limited and lighter, network quota consumption is more efficient in this Facebook Lite application.
Especially for those who want to use it on an older type of Android phone that might be stuck on a 3G or 2G network. Of course it will be very helpful. This causes Facebook Lite users to be more quota efficient.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Facebook Lite
When it was first released, you could say the FB Lite application was very limited in functionality compared to the regular version of the Facebook application. But now, Facebook Lite seems to bring almost all the features on Facebook.
Like Facebook Stories, Messenger, React and a whole new look. Even so, you should weigh the many pros and cons of Facebook Lite before choosing which app to use.
Advantages of Facebook Lite
- The size of the app is smaller because the APK size of Facebook Lite is only about 1.5 MB.
- It saves more data because this lightweight version of Facebook only loads content when you interact with it.
- For example, by liking, commenting, or opening photos and videos.
- It is friendly for old Android phones, especially those using old Android OS.
- Downloading FB Lite is also suitable for users with 2GB HP RAM and memory below or less.
- Accessible on all networks including 2G, 3G and 4G LTE, you can quickly and easily access content on FB Lite.
- Very useful for those who live in areas with difficult signal.
- The simple interface is generally more suitable for parents who don’t want a complicated animated interface.
Disadvantages of Facebook Lite
- Photos and videos are of low quality because by default the content rendered on the timeline will be compressed to save data usage.
- Not fully functional, like the Facebook Gaming app, you can still play it even if you have to switch to a browser app like Google Chrome.
- For messenger features, you have to download the app yourself.
We have completed a complete review of the Facebook Lite Android application for you in this article. Hopefully what we say can be useful especially for you to know more about FB Lite Apk.